Hello there

Instagram

Monday, January 25, 2016

Korea Travelogue // Tosokchon Samgyetang, Samcheongdong, Innisfree House, & Insadong.


For our 6th day in Seoul, I brought my family to Tosokchon to have their very famous samgyetang which is essentially Korean ginseng chicken soup. I've had it 2 times already and I still love it. Everyone says that they serve the best samgyetang around but I haven't really tried others so I'm not the best at comparing.

We ordered 3 portions of samgyetang (15,000 KRW) and a seafood pancake (15,000 KRW) to share.



Tosokchon Samgytang
Address:
| 5, Jahamun-ro 5-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul |

How to get here: 
1. Gyeongbokgung Station, exit 2.
2. Walk 120m in the direction of Hyoja-dong.
3. After passing "Popeyes", look for a GS25 and turn into the small lane at the corner of the shop.
4. Walk straight for about 10m and it will be on your left.

After that, we went over to Samcheongdong to poke around the area and to visit Innisfree House. I've always loved going to Samcheongdong because there is so much to see. Bukchon Hanok is around Samcheongdong, and there are a lot of cafes and quirky little shops around as well. There's something for everyone to see.


My sister said that we had to go to visit the Innisfree House because it is amazing so that was what we did. It took us so long to find it because I didn't know the exact location and Google Maps took us the long way so we were walking under the hot sun. 

But Innisfree House definitely is worth the heat and the walk! Innisfree is one of my all time favourite brands and I was excited to see what food creations they came up with.


From the top to the bottom, we got the Jeju Citrus Sudachi Cake (6,000 KRW), Jeju Sea Lemonade (6,000 KRW), Jeju Organic Carrot Juice (7,000 KRW), Jeju Tangerine Oreum Shaved Ice (12,000 KRW), and the Jeju Milk Tea (6,000 KRW) in both hot and cold.

I really really like the shaved ice! I'm a huge fan of citrusy things so this was the perfect blend of sweet and sour. The milk tea was really good as well. I was having a major craving for milk tea because I have milk tea probably at least once every 2 days in SG. The citrus sudachi cake was really good as well!


After that we headed over to Insadong because mummy wanted to grab some traditional Korean handicraft as souvenirs. Insadong is basically a place where tourists like to go to grab handicrafts because the streets are literally lined with shops selling such stuff. 


Since we had a really early lunch, we popped into a eatery for some mandu (dumplings) (7,000 KWR) and bibim makguksu (8,000 KRW). I really love eating cold noodles on hot days like this because it cools you right down. When I first tried it though, I found it really weird because I'm not used to eating food that is cold. But it is really refreshing to have and surprisingly tasty considering that it just consists of buckwheat noodles and various vegetables. My sister got the seafood kalguksu (7,000 KRW).


You can also watch my vlog for my 6th day here! I hope you enjoyed this post :>

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there, may I know how go transfer to Samcheongdong from Tosokchon? And along the way, did you passby to Bukchon Hanok? Lastly, how you went to Insadong?

Yi Qing Cheng said...

Hi there! You can either choose to walk there (using Google maps) or you can always take the subway to Anguk Station and walk there. Essentially, take exit 1 from Anguk Station to Samcheongdong and take exit 6 to go to Insadong.

Bukchon Hanok is further inside Samcheongdong. You can approach any of the tourist information guides (they were red and speak multiple languages) for a map of the area and they will point out where the hanoks are on the map! I hope this helps!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the reply. So nice of you :D It helps a lot.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...